Incredibble is growing! And for the first time ever, we're hiring a managing editor to help support the agency's central function.
About the role
Working closely with Incredibble’s founder and supported by our editorial assistant, you’ll manage a freelance team of 5-10 copywriters, coaching and supporting individuals to ensure the content we create lives up to our name.
Starting at 10 hours a month, you’ll need to be available for a range of agency and client meetings Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. In this central role you’ll:
- Review, proof and edit content across multiple client accounts
- Set standards for excellence and coach writers to improve
- Manage capacity and identify skill shortages, recruiting freelance support from our existing team, network and wider community
- Oversee editorial calendars and processes
- Liaise with clients and the freelance team to communicate editorial direction and feedback
- Attend and lead weekly client meetings
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Help identify improvements to our editorial processes
- Contribute to strategy and proposal development
Detail-oriented and value-driven, you’re known for your high standards. You’re as optimistic as you are realistic and enjoy being part of a team. Seeing others thrive lifts you higher and you’re driven to see everyone succeed.
Ideal experience includes:
- 5+ years copywriting experience across the marketing mix, from web copy to editorial content
- Familiar with B2B tech organisations - they feature in your portfolio
- Managing a freelance team of varying abilities in the role of editor
- Coaching writers to enable them to improve
- Handling capacity and last minute client demands
- Communicating clearly, concisely and quickly when and where it matters
- Working as part of a freelance team in a small business environment
- Growing and nurturing client accounts
You value long-term relationships and are looking for a flexible opportunity that will see you through 2021 and beyond. Being part of something remarkable and making it better thrills you.
Freelance yourself, you know how important freedom and flexibility are to a remote and independent crew. You’ll uphold that while guiding and leading the team to success. Your values are rooted in openness and acceptance, and you know you can bring something special to this gig.
Incredible connects businesses to a proven team of copywriters while managing the entire process from beginning to end. B2B, our clients operate in the tech arena, with property and sustainability fast becoming new niches.
Among freelancers, we’re known as an agency without politics and we want to keep hold of that. Our culture of support, openness and acceptance makes our team happy and loyal.
You’ll be joining a core hub of two - the founder and freelance editorial assistant. Plus a freelance copywriting team of ~10. Content marketing strategies, report writing, proofreading, editing and website copywriting projects form the majority of our work. We also liaise with a number of digital marketing and PR agencies.
To apply, please send a brief intro email along with your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.